1. I understand that employment with the Company is subject to satisfactory references and security screening in accordance with BS 7858 and I undertake to cooperate with the Company in providing any additional information required to meet these criteria.
2. I authorise the Company and/or its nominated agent to approach previous employers, schools/colleges, character referees, DWP, Criminal Justice Agencies or Government Agencies to verify that the information I have provided is correct for reference purposes. I further acknowledge that Special Service Security may use the information contained within this application, to conduct Security Screening to BS 7858, on behalf of the Company to whom I am applying and to share that information with the company.
3. I authorise the Company or its nominated agent to make a consumer information search with a credit reference agency, which will keep a record of that search and may share that information with other credit reference agencies and with the company. I undertake to cooperate with the Company in providing any additional information required to meet these criteria. I understand that my present employer will be contacted. I further understand that any offer of employment may be withdrawn if the security screening is not concluded satisfactory.
4. I understand that some of the information I have provided in this application will be held on a computer and some or all will be held in manual records. I understand that all information given will be held in the strictest confidence.
5. I accept that I may be required to undergo a medical examination where requested by the Company, subject to the Access to Medical Records Act 1988. I consent to the results of such examinations to be given to the Company.
6. I understand and agree that if so required I will make a Statutory Declaration in accordance with the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835, in confirmation of previous employment or unemployment.
7. I acknowledge that personal data will be used for the purposes of security screening and that any documents presented to establish my identity and proof of residence may be checked using an ultra violet scanner or other method to deter identity theft and fraud. I further acknowledge that if any of the original documents provided to establish identity appear to be forgeries will be reported to the relevant authority.
8. I understand that the I understand that the information I have provided may be used to conduct a Disclosure Scotland check and if so, DBS/Disclosure Scotland may pass the information it holds about me to other Government departments or organisations, the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, of the apprehension and prosecution of offenders and for other related purposes.
9. I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the details I have given in this application form are complete and correct. I acknowledge that misrepresentation, or failure to disclose material facts, either during application or throughout employment may constitute grounds for withdrawal of an employment offer or termination of employment and/or legal action. I hereby give Special Service Security my express permission to receive and open the returned disclosure and to subsequently forward to my present employer, where applicable.
10. I hereby consent to a deduction of earnings for damages to company equipment through misuse or malicious damage, including but not restricted to, improper storage and negligent use. I understand I will not be charged for fair wear and tear of the equipment provided correct storage and use has been adhered to. I understand the charge will be for serviceable repair of the equipment and that if the equipment is beyond repair a full charge for replacement of the equipment will be procured. I confirm that I have read and understood this explanation of fair use of equipment and agree to abide by the terms stated above.
11. The Working Time Regulations (1998) state that an employee cannot be expected to work in excess of 48 hours per week, on average. By signing this form you opt out of the 48 hour limit on working time as stated in the Working Time Regulations, on the understanding that if you work over 48 hours per week it is your choice to do so. You understand that in the event that you wish the 48 hour limit to apply to your employment in the future you will be required to notify the Company in writing. I understand that by opting out of the 48 hour limit on working time, I may still work in excess of 48 hours per week on average but this is my choice to do so. If I wish the 48 hour limit to apply to my employment in the future I am required to notify the company in writing.